Monday, May 3, 2010

It's already May...

...holy shit.
PG: Today I deserve a 100 because 1) I took the exit exam... cake. 2) I gave a film history lecture which to be honest, I was really unprepared for... I learned though. 3) After the freshman were gone Matt was teaching how to do autocad and I actually got some of it. Productive day, for sure.

Hmm... I gave my first "lecture" today. The one thing I love more than anything about being in this program besides the opportunities we're offered and the hands on experience we get is the chance to teach. By the end of senior year, you've directed... or tried too, and will have taught a class something. Although this year the circumstances are special, so the teaching is a little more than normal. But, it's such a learning expeierence. It just makes me feel like I have more of an edge... like, I almost have a one up in some ways on other kids, because I've taught something.

ALSO, because I know you will read this and my blackberry is dumb,
We'll stop and watch the movie... but before that we'll go over that slide one more time, just to make sure we're clear on somethings. And the slide show and Scorsese sounds great. I have a great book by Roger Ebert about criticism and his relationship with Scorsese. I can go through it one more time and if you would like I can bring it in and we can read some stuff?... Just text me or email me... I'll get it eventually :]

No comments:

Post a Comment